Air Duct Cleaning
What is air duct cleaning?
Air duct cleaning is the process of cleaning the components of the heating and cooling system (HVAC). Typically, air duct cleaning includes the systems:
- Supply and return
- Air ducts and registers
- Grilles and diffusers
- Main trunk line
- Fan motor and fan housing
- Air handling unit housing
Potomac Services provides a full system air duct cleaning for one flat price. We won’t nickel and dime you. It’s just not fair and it’s not our way. Beware of the $89-$159 whole house cleaning deals. You will end up paying more with them then you would with us… or end up having to have your HVAC system cleaned again in a year.
Why should I choose a NADCA member to have my air ducts cleaned?
NADCA Members have signed a Code of Ethics stating they will do everything possible to protect the consumer, and follow NADCA Standards for cleaning to the best of their ability, for a list of NADCA members near you, click here. Air duct cleaning companies must meet stringent requirements to become a NADCA Member. Among those requirements, all NADCA Members must have certified Air System Cleaning Specialists (ASCS) on staff, who have taken and passed the NADCA Certification Examination. Passing the exam demonstrates extensive knowledge in HVAC design and cleaning methodologies. ASCSs are also required to further their industry education by attending seminars in order to maintain their NADCA certification status.
You may view the NADCA Code of Ethics here.
What criteria should I use when selecting an HVAC / air duct cleaner?
- Make sure the company is a member in good standing of the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA).
- See if the company has been in business long enough to have adequate experience.
- Get proof that the company is properly licensed and adequately insured.
- Verify that the company is certified by NADCA to perform HVAC system cleaning.
- Make sure that the company is going to clean and visually inspect all of the air ducts and related system components.
- Avoid advertisements for “$99 whole house specials” and other sales gimmicks.
- Ask if the company has the right equipment to effectively perform cleaning, and if the company has done work in homes similar to yours.